The Oxbows have focused on their home turf of Scotland, mostly the north. We love the place, it's our home, the people are fantastic and most of the band come from the region between Inverness and Aberdeen. We've therefore repeatedly played those gigs that we most enjoyed and the audience most enjoyed us, which we'd like to thank and give due publicity:-
- Belladrum tartan heart festival. 20.000 capacity, homegrown highland fest exceptional! 2017 we played the 2nd stage/tent (black isle brewery grassroots) on the Thursday night, which was an almighty party! In the past playing the potting shed stage of the great rob Ellen several times. Our favourite fest!
- Pittmedden music festival - boutique fest we headlined the Friday night 2016 and both times we've played, the place was jumping. Family friendly.
- Callander jazz and blues festival - we finished off a night in the hostel, the whole town is just bursting with music for that weekend.
- Jocktoberfest at the Black Isle Brewery site, 1000 music lovers on the Black Isle with our favourite beer!
- Stonehaven beer and music festival - headlined the Friday & Saturday night to a mad dancing beered rabble (and that was just the band....!)
- Spey Fest - Fochabers. great festival, more folky so nice they asked us!
- Montrose music festival - have to get special note as it's the Rare time we had to cancel due to illness.
- Coast arts festival - Banff. In this amazing old church with a very big organ! One time playing with Martin Stephenson, which is always fun.
- Stonehaven feein market - open air summer day fest
- Stonehaven folk festival harbour stage - stripped back band, sun, more beer....
- Bootstock festival - Black Isle (thanks Michael) great charity event
- Wizard festival - we Friday headlined a wee tent, which was one that never blew away that year! Pity fest is no longer.
- Loopallu festival - stripped back, pub stage, that closed the bar at 12! (What's that all about?)
- Hootenanny - Inverness. Probably our favourite venue, just for the wild craic.
- Elgin Golf club has to get a mention for a superb fun gig with the members.
- Breemie summer solstice festival, which had wild weather.
- Cruden harbour festival - all day mini fest
- Dingwall greenhouse was always a nice afternoon gig, usually on route further north.
- Saucy Mary's - the isle of Skye. Always an experience.
- Banff May Day music festival (we were last on and it was freezing in that marquee!)
- New pitsligo - the last bus depot. Big depot with 2 double decker buses Either side of stage. Amazing place and vegan cafe. Please visit!
- Banff castle - what an honour to play in such a building and captured on a live recording of 'boy Angus is a dreamer'. Met a fantastic bunch of people who am still in contact with creatively.
- Right.... Memory failing...And.... Newburgh, Collieston, Cruden bay, Longside, Peterhead, Findhorn, Lossiemouth, Forres, Elgin, Nairn, Tain, Deeside, Aberdeen (Moorings, Tunnels, The lemon tree, Oxjam festival (a very worthwhile cause), cafe 'this' and 'that', blue lamp, drummonds, bar 'this' and 'that'...)
I think that's all I can remember, apologies if I've forgot anyone. Thanks.
Vinyl DJ sets, spinning music to dance to - eclectic mix from various sources, most notably vintage RnB, soul, jazz, reggae, latin, funk, freakbeat, pop etc.
Alternative Eccentric sets, including tracks from various sources; from sped up 78rpm's, world sounds to psychedelic jazz!
Suppported by a mirage of 60's oil light systems!
Mixcloud sets, mixes and podcasts https://www.mixcloud.com/oxbowlake/
Contact Email email@example.com